Friday, May 4, 2012

Really?! What Happens When All Your Favorite Sports Teams Suck At The Exact Same Time

A Playoffs Edition Sports Rant By Duke DuRock:

If you're an avid sports aficionado like we are around here, you'll agree that there's nothing worse than when your favorite team sucks, except when when every single one of your favorites from each different type of major sport all suck simultaneously. That's exactly what's happened to me with the case of my Dallas Mavericks, the defending NBA Champions who are getting the hurt put on them by a much hungrier (not to mention considerably younger, deeper, better, you name it) Oklahoma City Thunder squad in the FIRST-ROUND of the playoffs!? Brutal. The only silver-lining of a swift exit is that it allows plenty of time for management to start the rebuilding process because this current squad isn't going to get any better. #NoOneIsSafeSansDirk

At the same time, my favorite baseball team, the San Francisco Giants have stumbled out of the gate and are still comprised of a completely non-threatening lineup that continues to waste the immense talents of the All-Star itching staff, plus there's been plenty of bad luck once again (losing All-Star closer Brian Wilson for the season and fellow All-Star 3B Pablo Sandoval for up to 6 weeks). This has been frustration at its finest. I still believe they can turn it around....but it's hard to recall rougher starts to a season than these past two years have been for the G-Men. #GroundHogDay

My saving grace is that when it comes to the NFL, I finally have hope...in the form of my childhood favorite San Francisco 49ers. After a decade of irrelevance, they are officially back. So I must remember that even during this bleak time from my favorite teams, I must remember that there is hope. For in Coach Harbaugh we now trust. #Super BowlBoundin2012





Special Thanks To: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook & OKC for the beatdown, the Miami Marlins for taking out a key player on my fav team AGAIN, Assembling The Avengers, Cinco De Migs, DJ Cam, Mad Blunted Jazz, LTJ Bukem, Points in Time Vol. 6





No comments:

Post a Comment