Sunday, September 23, 2012

Morley in Los Angeles

Street artist Morley can be seen putting up work from Venice to Downtown. 
Always pairing a self-portrait drawing of himself putting up the street art and a quote, Morley gives us a glimpse into his psyche and also a hint at who he really is.
How do I know it is actually what Morley looks like you ask? 
Well during the summer of 2011 I was taking photos of some mural pieces on Melrose Avenue, when I realized I was unknowingly standing right next to the man. Brandishing a paint brush, some wheat paste and a roll of future pieces, Morley quietly and swiftly flattened the piece onto an electrical box and moved off into the sun.
I am pretty sure I got a snapper of him doing it, but like alot of my film photography, there are 2 to 3 other shots layered on top of it, so you may have to do some searching for him.

Do enjoy my Morley dedication.




Special thanks to: Free hip hop at LACMA, Freddie Gibbs is Madlib's Tupac, replacement refs, Space Shuttle Endeavour flying over my head, everyone else in the country's summer is ending and Los Angeles' is just getting started, idiots needing to buy the iPhone5 so bad that they will waste nearly $600 on it, starting to hear the Tim Tebow chants, thrift store deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment