I don't know if I'm more annoyed at ESPN for posting yet another non-story as a headline or the fact that someone still cares what Stephon Marbury has to say.
Recently Starbury came out to vocalize his dis-belief in the ability for Amare Stoudamire and Carmelo Anthony to co-exist on the same team and win.
First of all... no shit Sherlock. What? do have a team of specialists working around the clock to figure that one out?
We all know the Knicks franchise is a disaster going back to 2001 and Isiah Thomas.
Stephon Marbury has no business discussing chemistry and co-existing on any level.
Stephon Marbury chain of events:
1. Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY and grew up loving the Knicks.
2. Spent 4 years at Georgia Tech before being drafted 4th overall in 1996 by Milwaukee to be traded to Minnesota where he would spend the next 3 years
3. Bounced from Minnesota to NJ, then to Phoenix, then finally landing on his childhood team, the NY Knicks.
4. Considered to be the savior of the Knicks as a point guard and learning under Larry Brown, the wheels fell off pretty early.
5. Has massive public feud with Larry Brown, and is quoted by the New York Post as the, "most reviled athlete in New York".
6. Gets Larry Brown fired, bring in Isiah Thomas.
"The pivotal incident involved Marbury leaving the team after learning that Thomas planned to remove him from the starting lineup. There were reports that Marbury and Thomas actually came to blows on the team plane, and that Marbury threatened to blackmail Thomas for taking him out of the starting lineup—both in the presence of Knick teammates. Following the incident and Marbury's return to the team in mid-November after one missed game, Knick fans consistently chanted "fire Isiah" at home games and constantly booed virtually all of the Knicks, especially Marbury."
Foul and the Bucket goes to Upperhands.
Special Thanks to(New York Knicks Edition): NY Knicks become a team in 1946, Red Holzman as head coach, Willis Reed coming out of the tunnel limping and leading the Knicks to the 1970championship in and also earning All Star MVP - League MVP - and Finals MVP - first player to ever do so, Walt Frazier, the NBA rigging the 1986 draft so that NY could attain Patrick Ewing, Patrick Ewing's knees, John Starks, Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, growing up a Michael Jordan fan and hating the nicks still to this day, John Stark's dunk over the Chicago Bulls, Michael Jordan's dunk over Patrick Ewing, the Spring of 1994 when in Michael Jordan's absence the Knicks made it to the finals to only lose to the Houston Rockets, Losing the 1999 NBA Finals to San Antonio and starting their Tim Duncan dynasty, Larry Johnson, Isiah Thomas yeeesh, Larry Brown, Madison Square Garden, losing seasons galore from 2000 to 2008 and counting, Jeremy Lin's 3 weeks of amazing play, losing Jeremy Lin to Carmelo Anthony's big mouth, and the current debacle that is the New York Knickerbockers... good luck with Jason Kidd as your point guard.